|Sittin' on the dock of the bay...|
If you haven’t been to eBird (www.ebird.org) in a while, it’s time for another look. Over the past few months we’ve updated eBird so that it’s easier to use and more useful than ever to the birding community. eBird can help you find birds through our “Alerts” or by exploring our newly revised mapping tools and bar charts. Recording and keeping track of your birds is easier than ever with a completely redesigned data entry system and our automated listing pages (My eBird). Most importantly, you’ll become part of a growing community of tens of thousands of birders around the world whose data are now being used in real science and conservation. Best of all – it’s free!
From the eBird team:
eBird Version 3 includes:
- Global scope—enter and explore observations from anywhere around the world
- Streamlined data entry—getting your data into the system is faster and more customizable than ever
- Improved range maps—explore interactive range maps for any bird in the world
- Alerts system—get customized reports about birds of interest to you in a region
- eBird Top 100—find out how your totals rank among other birders in any region
- Birding + Science connection—by participating, your data become available to the science and conservations communities
Good Birding from the eBird team!